We give thanks to Jesus Christ, the one and only manifestation of God
in the flesh, for
"Cottage Garden." He alone has provided for all our needs. He alone is our Savior and Lord, and we want this co-op to honor Him. Cottage Garden is an overtly Christian organization and is operated as a Christian non-profit ministry for the benefit of member families.
The following statements represent a good summary of some of the fundamental religious beliefs that are at the core of the ministry and operation of this Co-op:
· We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. [See, e.g., 2 Tim. 3:15-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21 and 3:14-16]
· We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. [See,e.g., Gen. 1:26; Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; I John 5:7]
· We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. [See, e.g., John 1:14; Luke 1:26-38; Heb. 2:14-18 and 4:15; Acts 2:22; 2 Cor. 5:21; I Pet. 3:18; I Cor. 15: 3-4, 20; Mark 16:6-7, 19; Acts 1:9-11]
· We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that salvation is by grace alone received through faith alone in Jesus Christ alone as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works. [See, e.g., John 3:3; Ro. 3:19-26; Eph. 2:1-9]
· We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works. [See, e.g., Ro. 8:15-16, 26-27; Eph. 2:10; I John 3:9]
· We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. [See, e.g., Matt. 25:31-46; John 5:25-29; Acts 17:30-31; Ro. 14:10, 12]
· We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. [See, e.g., Eph. 2:11-22 and 4:1-6, 11-13]
· For purposes of our religious foundations and application of same to the operation of this co-op, our Board is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application in any given issue.